Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Should I thank a slug?



                                                



Have you ever had one of those days when the birds are chirping, the air is fresh and it's so beautiful outside that you think you are going to die from cabin fever. So, you look up anticipating it being close to go home and it's only 10:00 in the morning. Um yea. It happens to me. I couldn't stand it another minute. I needed a break from the slug's osmosis.  Outside the air was brisk. The birds were singing in the trees, the sky was clear and work was the last place I wanted to be. Cold or not - I wanted out.

So, who do I thank for the inspiration to go outside? Who else? My favorite slug.




Get your coat on (c)

Setting here, feeling flustered
Thinking of stuff and yellow mustard
Wishing slugs slept in winter
You think it’s time to go outside.

She’s a pisser, yep that’s right,
There is no one here more uptight
You can re-assign my cubby
I think it’s time to go outside.

How much bad can one beotch find?
Before she leaves us all behind
To descend below the fire.
I really NEED to go outside.

Now she rags on other kin
And gets deep beneath their skin
Her fangs are hot, overworked
Get your damned coat on!

g

Like my poems? Want a little ditty to get you through the morning? Follow me on Twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment