Friday, April 26, 2013

Screaming Rain



                                 




The other day I was just mindlessly scrolling down my Facebook news feed when I read a very interesting statement from a girl in Germany who subscribes to one of the pages I also subscribe to. And, she used the phrase "screaming rain". I wasn't in a mood and honestly was rather numb, tired and needed to sleep. But that phrase; those two little words hit a nerve. Why? What was it? An oxymoron maybe? Nonetheless, I couldn't leave it alone. I had to write it. I had to click over and write. Within a moment I had one of the best poems I've written so far in life.  Tell me what you think.




Screaming Rain

What could this be? Who am I? Oh My!
I’m rolling. I’m falling. I’m wet.
My family is clustered around me now
Tis something I’ll never forget.

The jet stream is busy, it pulls me about
It’s scary and noisy. I’m tussled.
I grab my breath I cannot hold.
My screams cannot be muzzled.

Rolling and turning about with my family
I reach out to hold those around
We are all screaming pitifully now
As we plummet onto to the ground

Agitation is my quandary
As we fall on the land again
We are all just a family that falls and falls
We are the muted screaming rain. (c)

 


g

No comments:

Post a Comment